Current authorization until 15 December 2017 Security Council resolution 2327 (2016) of 16 December 2016 Strength
- Up to 7,000 military personnel
- Up to 900 civilian police personnel
- An appropriate civilian component
- Up to 17,000 troops, including 4,000 for the Regional Protection Force
- Increasing the police ceiling to 2,101 police personnel, including individual police officers, formed police units and 78 corrections officers
- Requesting the Secretary-General to take the necessary steps to expedite force and asset generation
View the peacekeeping factsheet to see the number of personnel currently deployed.
- Find out which countries are contributing troops and police personnel to the mission.
- View the latest fatality statistics by mission, nationality, appointment type and year.
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2016 – 06/2017): $1,081,788,400 (A/RES/70/24)